Laser Skin Resurfacing – Fraxel, Dual, Restore, Refine, Clear + Brilliant
Light and energy-based treatments have long been a highly-effective method of combating damage caused by sun exposure, environmental pollutants, and the natural aging process. Yet while these treatments delivered powerful rejuvenating results, they also required days, even weeks, of healing time and carried the risk of unfortunate side effects such as hypopigmentation and even burns. Within the last few years, however, there has been a revolution in energy-based rejuvenation treatments, with new non-invasive or minimally-invasive laser-based procedures that offer incredible rejuvenation for patients of all skin types, with less discomfort, risk, and downtime than ever before!
With Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing at California Dermatology Specialists, conveniently located in Brentwood, Los Angeles, you can erase the unwelcome signs of sun damage and environmental exposure while restoring, enhancing, and preserving your skin’s naturally-beautiful, youthful glow. This cutting-edge treatment actively stimulates the body’s natural healing processes to spark the growth of new collagen and actually re-grow new, healthy, younger-looking skin. Fraxel® laser resurfacing is ideally suited for patients seeking to correct any of these common skin concerns:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Vascular and Pigmented Lesion Treatment
- Minor scarring stemming from acne, surgery, or injury
- Mild-to-moderate lines, wrinkles, and folds
- Hyperpigmentation (skin darkening)
- Sun-damaged and/or aging skin
- Age spots, liver spots, brown spots, and other skin abnormalities
- Acne-prone skin/enlarged oil glands
- Actinic keratosis
How Does Fraxel® Laser Skin Resurfacing Work?
Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing is a revolutionary approach to energy-based skin rejuvenation, enabling amazing regenerative results while minimizing the potential for discomfort and downtime. Whether ablative (damaging) or non-ablative (non-damaging) in strength, all Fraxel® treatments work on the same principle: by delivering precisely targeted heat deep into the layers of skin, the tissues of the dermis are “tricked” into remodeling existing collagen strands and developing new, healthy collagen and even skin cells. In other words, your skin is stimulated to literally heal itself! Moreover, unlike traditional laser treatments that impact all tissues in the treatment area, Fraxel® lasers precisely target only a small percentage—usually only about 15% of the target area—leaving a large portion of tissue unaffected, thereby decreasing the risk of negative side effects such as hypopigmentation, speeding healing time, and optimizing rejuvenation results.
Fraxel® Options at California Dermatology Specialists
California Dermatology Specialists is pleased to offer Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing in four different strengths, allowing us to precisely target specific aesthetic concerns with as little discomfort and downtime as possible. During your consultation, our medical staff will work closely with you to determine which type of Fraxel® treatment is appropriate for your unique skin type and rejuvenation needs, and develop a customized treatment plan designed to achieve your unique aesthetic goals.
- Clear + Brilliant® – The gentlest form of Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing, Clear + Brilliant® is a highly effective way to eliminate the earliest signs of sun damage and keep your skin healthy, luminous, and vibrant. It is perfect for patients in their 20s, 30s, and 40s who want to maintain and preserve their skin’s youthful glow.
- Fraxel® re:Fine – Fraxel® re:Fine is a non-ablative treatment perfect for erasing mild signs of sun damage while enhancing your skin’s fresh, healthy appearance. This treatment requires little to no downtime, but usually requires multiple treatments to achieve optimal results.
- Fraxel® re:Store – Fraxel® re:Store is a more powerful, ablative fractionated laser treatment that eliminates fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation problems, and minor scarring. A mild topical anesthetic gel will be applied to the skin before your treatment. Most patients require a day or two of downtime, and some may need a series of 3 to 5 treatments for optimal results.
- Fraxel®: Dual – The most powerful Fraxel® resurfacing option, Fraxel® Dual is a fractionated CO2 laser treatment, making it ideal for targeting advanced sun damage and moderate wrinkles and folds. It requires use of a topical anesthetic and usually involves 3 to 5 days of downtime to allow any redness and swelling to subside. However, it is 25% faster than other laser resurfacing technologies and optimal results can be achieved in just one or two treatments.
Contact California Dermatology Specialists
At California Dermatology Specialists, with a new office in Brentwood, Los Angeles, we specialize in offering the very highest level of patient care founded on a philosophy of medical excellence coupled with a dedication to cutting-edge advancements in dermatology and aesthetic medicine. Led by Board Certified Dermatologist Dr. Eric Meinhardt, our staff has made it their goal to provide you with the specialized, customized skin care you require to address your medical and aesthetic concerns at their source. Whether you are seeking cosmetic enhancement services or medical dermatologic care, we will work with you to develop an individually-tailored treatment plan that will optimize your health and well-being and maximize your comfort and safety.
If you are interested in learning more about Fraxel® laser skin resurfacing at California Dermatology Specialists, or would like additional information about our complete offering of dermatological and aesthetic services, we invite you to contact our office today. We look forward to hearing from you!